Outlook Calendar Reminders Not Working

Anonymous
2020-06-04T00:56:08+00:00

since the "update" to Microsoft 365 a couple weeks ago, Outlook reminders are only working some of the time. I've missed a couple meetings because either I never got the reminder or I snoozed it and it never showed.

I ran outlook.exe /cleanreminders but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-18T18:36:01+00:00

    MS planning on fixing this, or is it the typical MS sucks to be you?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T18:56:57+00:00

    I'm having the same problem with the desktop Outlook.  I noticed that the reminder for an individual meeting in a series is getting set to "none" while the series reminder is still at 15.  Also the icon indicating a recurring meeting does not have the slash through it to indicate the single instance has been changed.   

    I've started checking my meetings (single occurrence of a series) every morning and I have found that if any have been set to none, I can close outlook desktop, change the series reminder time in outlook online, then open outlook desktop and the reminders are now set to the new time.  This only work temporarily.

    I tried /cleanreminders and renaming the profile file to force it to rebuild it but that didn't solve the reminders issue. 

    I have skype for business running constantly and with COVID all my meetings have been updated with a skype link.  I'm starting to wonder if Skype for business isn't causing the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-02T13:28:21+00:00

    I'm also having the same problem. I missed a meeting this morning because of the lack of a reminder.

    I've been through all the troubleshooting suggestions (reminders turned on, run outlook /cleanreminders, check storage directory is in the right location, etc). It might sometimes generate a reminder, but then fails with other meetings.

    This is obviously a problem affecting a number of people. Please prioritise fixing it. This is what the business world uses Outlook for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-04T07:31:15+00:00

    I'm having the same problem.  Some meetings with reminders work, but others don't.  I can't afford to have reminders not working.

    I noticed this behavior shortly after a recent update to office365.

    My version of outlook is indicated below. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-09T13:30:20+00:00

    Same issue here. Some reminders work, others don't. I notice it, as previously mentioned, where individual occurrences are having their reminder set to "None" while the meeting series is set to a value. Also as mentioned, the occurrence is NOT broken from the series (no slash). Works fine on Android mobile app, but not PC desktop app. Causing major issues at work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments