Outlook Calendar Reminders Not Working

Anonymous
2020-06-04T00:56:08+00:00

since the "update" to Microsoft 365 a couple weeks ago, Outlook reminders are only working some of the time. I've missed a couple meetings because either I never got the reminder or I snoozed it and it never showed.

I ran outlook.exe /cleanreminders but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T14:53:00+00:00

    Thank you, MennoGraaf, for your response. I noticed that same thing as well this week and I have the same result. 

    I wish MS would get this fixed since they are the ones who broke it to begin with doing some update.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T06:48:34+00:00

    Not sure if this really solves the problem, but it is an interesting observation. I have it only on some recurring meetings. When I select the meeting, Outlook shows me the reminder time for the series. When I open the meeting and I select "Just this one", it shows me no reminder. When I open it as a series, it shows me the reminder time again.

    Now, when I set a reminder manually for this meeting and save it, it shows me the reminder set for this meeting, but it sees a difference between the reminder for this meeting and for the series, so the reminder box is grayed out for this session.

    The interesting observation. When I go now to future sessions for this series, the difference between "Just this one" and the "series" does not seem to be there anymore. As if doing the above update re-syncs the reminder settings for the series...

    Interesting little quirk.... In my team (~15 persons on different platforms), no one else had this issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-19T22:22:43+00:00

    Same issue here. Some reminders work, others don't. I notice it, as previously mentioned, where individual occurrences are having their reminder set to "None" while the meeting series is set to a value. Also as mentioned, the occurrence is NOT broken from the series (no slash). Works fine on Android mobile app, but not PC desktop app. Causing major issues at work for me.

    I am noticing the same manifestation.  The meeting series is set a have reminder, but an individual occurrence has the reminder set to "none."   The individual was never edited to be different from the series.  So there is no reminder for the meeting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-16T02:31:23+00:00

    since we are having no luck getting a Microsoft rep to comment on this, I've posted a new thread here Hopefully we'll get some attention over there because this is a serious problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-15T15:05:15+00:00

    Microsoft, can you please confirm that someone is at least looking at this issue? It's obviously affecting a number of people and is therefore a high priority.

    Your wall of silence is deafening!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments