Outlook Calendar Reminders Not Working

Anonymous
2020-06-04T00:56:08+00:00

since the "update" to Microsoft 365 a couple weeks ago, Outlook reminders are only working some of the time. I've missed a couple meetings because either I never got the reminder or I snoozed it and it never showed.

I ran outlook.exe /cleanreminders but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T04:37:23+00:00

    Interesting.   So your notifications work on your desktop if you turn off calendar sync on your phone?  That seems like a good clue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T15:31:53+00:00

    I've had the exact same problem for a few months now.

    Tried just about everything to fix the problem. Most annoyingly it only happens to my AM meetings.

    The only work around I've found is to disable Outlook calendar sync on my android phone. For some reason being notified on my phone and being notified on the desktop are not compatible.

    It doesn't appear to be the actual notification itself on the phone is causing the problem. I can see that the reminder is turned off on the desktop before any notifications occur. Also it appears to only be happening for the next working day. Notifications of recurring meetings are fine if I look farther out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T15:26:12+00:00

    Well, thank you, Microsoft.  I just missed another meeting.

    I wonder if Open office has the same problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T03:08:45+00:00

    yes...that's what's happening for me too. it's a major problem that really needs to be fixed. i have too many calendar events to check them all and reset their reminders but that's what i need to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T02:40:29+00:00

    MennoGraaf:

    I notice the same behavior that you describe.  For some reason, the most current occurrence of a recurring meeting loses its reminder setting.   This happens only to some recurring meetings (none of which are ever editted).

    I have had this bug happen once or twice in the past (last time was over a year ago).   It's a real pain, since I miss a "meeting", which usually means I have to pay a late fee for a bill that did not get paid on time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments