Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Had the same issue. The only thing that seem to work for me, was turning OFF the "New outlook" feature.
You should be able to unhide "On My Computer":
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.35
I have folders created under "On My Computer" and it's been working fine until last week, when I don't see "On My Computer" in the Sidebar anymore.
When I go to Preferences => General, the Hide On My Computer folders is checked and grayed out. How do I un-grayed it out?
When I search for an email that is stored in one of the folders in On My Computer, I can see it and even manually move it to Inbox on the exchange server. So I know the emails in On My Computer are there and not lost/corrupted. I just can't go to the On My Computer folder. Is this a permission problem?
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
just did the upgarde and had same isue
you can use the TOGGLE to go back to older outlook its a switch at the top right of the OUTLOOK screen.
Just toggling off the "New Outlook" in the upper right corner gives the folder back. The issue is, I assume we'll eventually be forced to use the New Outlook, so if the issue is not resolved at that point, we'll lose access to this again. Please do not consider this solved until there is a solution under New Outlook.
The Reset Preferences Tool did not fix the issue for me in New Outlook. I still have no way to create a manual contact list.
Using the Outlook Reset Preferences Tool fixed my issue and enabled me to see my "Hide all computer folders" that was greyed out. It also took me back to the previous version. Thank you so much!
Using the Outlook Reset Preferences Tool fixed my issue and enabled me to see my "Hide all computer folders" that was greyed out. It also took me back to the previous version. Thank you so much!