Hide On My Computer folders checked and grayed out

Anonymous
2020-03-17T21:53:35+00:00

Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.35

I have folders created under "On My Computer" and it's been working fine until last week, when I don't see "On My Computer" in the Sidebar anymore.

When I go to Preferences => General, the Hide On My Computer folders is checked and grayed out.  How do I un-grayed it out?

When I search for an email that is stored in one of the folders in On My Computer, I can see it and even manually move it to Inbox on the exchange server.  So I know the emails in On My Computer are there and not lost/corrupted.  I just can't go to the On My Computer folder.  Is this a permission problem?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-27T17:03:42+00:00

Had the same issue. The only thing that seem to work for me, was turning OFF the "New outlook" feature.

You should be able to unhide "On My Computer":

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-12-27T06:16:13+00:00

just did the upgarde and had same isue

you can use the TOGGLE to go back to older outlook its a switch at the top right of the OUTLOOK screen.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-18T08:37:20+00:00

    Hi, same problem here. It worked until one of the last versions. Now it's greyed out and I cannot make my 'on my computer' files visible any more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-10T15:57:37+00:00

    i have the same issue. it just happened from one moment to the next. has anyone successfully fixed this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-18T18:08:29+00:00

    Hello Tech Newbie,

    Thank you for your posting and detailed information. According to the issue symptom, I didn’t encounter it when test on Outlook 16.35 (20030803). I consider you could firstly check if it’s an preference issue by OutlookResetPreferences tool. Please be kindly noted that this tool will reset all Outlook preferences to the default settings.

    To make sure you receive the expert’s assistance, I recommend you contact our Outlook for Mac client dedicated team via Help -> Contact Support on Outlook menu bar, they’re focusing on Outlook for Mac client issues and will help you addressing the issue.

    Best Regards,

    Anna

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments