Hide On My Computer folders checked and grayed out

Anonymous
2020-03-17T21:53:35+00:00

Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.35

I have folders created under "On My Computer" and it's been working fine until last week, when I don't see "On My Computer" in the Sidebar anymore.

When I go to Preferences => General, the Hide On My Computer folders is checked and grayed out.  How do I un-grayed it out?

When I search for an email that is stored in one of the folders in On My Computer, I can see it and even manually move it to Inbox on the exchange server.  So I know the emails in On My Computer are there and not lost/corrupted.  I just can't go to the On My Computer folder.  Is this a permission problem?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-01-27T17:03:42+00:00

Had the same issue. The only thing that seem to work for me, was turning OFF the "New outlook" feature.

You should be able to unhide "On My Computer":

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-12-27T06:16:13+00:00

just did the upgarde and had same isue

you can use the TOGGLE to go back to older outlook its a switch at the top right of the OUTLOOK screen.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-19T10:01:13+00:00

    "Outlook Reset Preferences tool" was downloaded and run already. after successfully reset the preferences, the Outlook goes back to traditional GUI, then the missing folders on my computer are displayed. but when switched to new looking, the issue was the same. so have to go back to old looking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-21T16:22:58+00:00

    NOne.  MS says it works as designed as they are removing this in the new version.  They do not seem to realize the impact to invites sent via e-mail from outside sources and the distribution list issue you noted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-21T15:52:55+00:00

    Has anyone found a solution to this?  Apparently it is preventing the creation of mail distribution lists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments