Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Had the same issue. The only thing that seem to work for me, was turning OFF the "New outlook" feature.
You should be able to unhide "On My Computer":
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.35
I have folders created under "On My Computer" and it's been working fine until last week, when I don't see "On My Computer" in the Sidebar anymore.
When I go to Preferences => General, the Hide On My Computer folders is checked and grayed out. How do I un-grayed it out?
When I search for an email that is stored in one of the folders in On My Computer, I can see it and even manually move it to Inbox on the exchange server. So I know the emails in On My Computer are there and not lost/corrupted. I just can't go to the On My Computer folder. Is this a permission problem?
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
just did the upgarde and had same isue
you can use the TOGGLE to go back to older outlook its a switch at the top right of the OUTLOOK screen.
I understand why you say this but that's not the issue here.
A week or two ago, Mac Outlook users were given the option to switch to "New Outlook" on launch but we were notified "On My Computer" would not be accessible. Any users like me that organize email "On My Computer" did NOT switch.
As of this morning, I'm still running the previous Outlook but now "On My Computer" is simply gone. And when I check preferences the box is grayed out, so it's not possible to uncheck "Hide On My Computer folders".
Until I find otherwise, seems MS has taken my email archive "on my computer" without any way to access those records. No tool to recover and move to an accessible place? Oversight by MS? It's going to be a real problem for many users.
It sounds like you switched to "New Outlook." New Outlook is a light version of Outlook. Switch back to the full version by sliding the control in the upper right corner. Set "New Outlook" to Off.