The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window

Anonymous
2020-03-13T16:11:30+00:00

I'm getting the error message below when save a draft email. I have IMAP account set up on Outlook 365.

"The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window.  Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?"

Thanks,

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-13T17:38:53+00:00

Hi Pittman,

Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts

Regarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Shyamal

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-02T21:35:54+00:00

    Hi Derek

    Not as far as I know.

    Still happens for me.

    Cheers

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T21:01:20+00:00

    Hi John,

    It's a real shame that someone at Microsoft doesn't sort this out:-(.

    I have only just upgraded and now pay an annual fee for Office365, I think I might just scrape this and move to another product. Android seems to be a better option now.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Cheers, Derek.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-03T22:31:55+00:00

    Hi Derek

    If by Android you mean Googles various apps, then they may work for you. They do have some very neat features.

    But as someone who uses them for work everyday, I find some aspects to be very frustrating. I put up with gmail. Docs does not do somethings that Word does. I am not a power user, These are just simple things.

    But it does work for many folk. And the more Microsoft fails to pick up on faults like this, the more people will move away.

    Cheers

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-15T14:04:24+00:00

    this issue still exists and is a pain in the ****, get it sorted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments