The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window

Anonymous
2020-03-13T16:11:30+00:00

I'm getting the error message below when save a draft email. I have IMAP account set up on Outlook 365.

"The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window.  Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?"

Thanks,

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-13T17:38:53+00:00

Hi Pittman,

Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts

Regarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Shyamal

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-24T16:26:31+00:00

    I have two gmail accounts in my Outlook app on Windows 10. The checkbox was NOT set in my app. ONE of my gmail accounts had this problem. The other did NOT. I checked the box Rocketman suggested. I tried opening and closing one message and it did not prompt me to save the "item". 

    Tried it again later in the gmail account that had NOT been having the problem. You guessed it; now I just had the same problem with a message in that account. So, no, this workaround doesn't work for me.

    It's astounding that Microsoft lets this **** **** for so long and seemingly does nothing about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-25T03:11:42+00:00

    Yep...I had to roll back my Outlook from O365 to Office 2010 to get it to work properly again. The latest local version of the app is simply not ready for prime time. Fortunately, Google Mail is still free, so....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-06T22:09:01+00:00

    Why has this not been corrected?  It's been almost a year!

    I just installed the latest version and 50% of my emails are doing this.  My inbox gets full of the "saved" file and I have to re-enter the email and any changes I made to the email.  Extremely annoying and cumbersome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-06T22:10:15+00:00

    I know, right?  I swear all this SaaS and ongoing "updates" just releases buggy software and causes everyone more headaches.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments