The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window

Anonymous
2020-03-13T16:11:30+00:00

I'm getting the error message below when save a draft email. I have IMAP account set up on Outlook 365.

"The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window.  Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?"

Thanks,

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-13T17:38:53+00:00

Hi Pittman,

Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts

Regarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Shyamal

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T09:15:38+00:00

    Looks like nobody from MS actually follows this problem stream:-(.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T09:21:56+00:00

    Hi Pittman,Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accountsRegarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.Best regards,Shyamal

    The work around on the link 'Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts' doesn't work for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T09:30:35+00:00

    Shaman, as  per my  original  post, I   do not  use  IMAP   , have  a hosted  Exchange  account. And I  have  the error  when  I  try to save  a  contact, not  an  email! And  it happens  intermittently

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T13:40:09+00:00

    Hi,

    Many people tell you that your workaround doesn't work.

    Forgive me, but I find it hard to believe that Microsoft is actually working on a solution. I have a feeling that if Microsoft really wanted to fix the problem, the problem would be given a higher priority and it would be fixed.

    I mention further, that I do not use IMAP. I have been using Exchange and the problem has been around forever and has been annoying for as long as I can remember.

    It would be much appreciated if anyone could see that there are multiple customers experiencing this inconvenience and if Microsoft would be willing to increase the priority of this issue.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments