The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window

Anonymous
2020-03-13T16:11:30+00:00

I'm getting the error message below when save a draft email. I have IMAP account set up on Outlook 365.

"The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window.  Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?"

Thanks,

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-13T17:38:53+00:00

Hi Pittman,

Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts

Regarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Shyamal

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-12T06:48:17+00:00

    Hi - I am experiencing this exact issue - is there a solution yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T07:32:22+00:00

    It gets worse. Tried to set a flag on a message. Same result.

    Getting very sick of this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-31T23:52:39+00:00

    I have started receiving this same message, and I have a Hosted Exchange account - not an IMAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-26T13:26:17+00:00

    I'd like to believe you are "actively" working on it, but it's been around since 2014:

    Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window | Outlook Forums by Slipstick.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments