The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window

Anonymous
2020-03-13T16:11:30+00:00

I'm getting the error message below when save a draft email. I have IMAP account set up on Outlook 365.

"The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window.  Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?"

Thanks,

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-13T17:38:53+00:00

Hi Pittman,

Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts

Regarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Shyamal

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T13:03:11+00:00

    Hi Pittman,Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accountsRegarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.Best regards,Shyamal

    The workaround didn't work for me.

    This problem has been around for a long time, and the priority that Microsoft places on this work is probably not very high. I believe that all the people who are victims of this problem should encourage Microsoft to work more on this problem. One way to achieve this would be to make our voices heard on social media. If anyone knows anything about it, don't hesitate to take action! This gesture would be good for everyone. On the one hand, perhaps Microsoft could better assess how annoying this problem is. On the other hand, we might have a real solution more quickly.

    Have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:49:58+00:00

    Outlook is still amazing, and so much more powerful than Gmail. But really really need someone within MS to address this - it's a recurring issue which surfaces frequently, and has done for many years

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:47:19+00:00

    thanks for your response. I started using Outlook as gmail file organisation is awful and can never find anything.

    I'm using the work around for now and see how my stress levels go

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:43:37+00:00

    Agreed, my next laptop won't be an MS.

    I would reconsider this if they start fixing these simple issues.

    I only starting getting the error when having to upgrade to Windows 10. I have an old windows 7 laptop and Outlook is still working fine on that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments