The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window

Anonymous
2020-03-13T16:11:30+00:00

I'm getting the error message below when save a draft email. I have IMAP account set up on Outlook 365.

"The item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window.  Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item?"

Thanks,

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-13T17:38:53+00:00

Hi Pittman,

Thank you for posting. This is known issue. Our Outlook team is actively investigating this problem. In the meantime, you may please use the workaround mentioned in the article Unable to save changes to a draft email in Draft folder for IMAP accounts

Regarding this we would truly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Shyamal

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:40:44+00:00

    So assume you will be moving away from MS.

    Also other people are posting that they are having the issue and aren't using gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:39:10+00:00

    So the problem is clearly a much bigger one. Shame MS aren't doing anything about it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:37:49+00:00

    I know, it is all very disappointing, clearly noboby at MS cares!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-14T09:36:31+00:00

    No I haven't, all I have received is many other MS Outlook users having the same problem.

    I think my next PC move will be away from MS, sadly that is after over 30 years of using them!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments