outlook Message "cannot send this item"

Anonymous
2021-02-09T08:13:59+00:00

Hi to 

As of yesterday my outlook is popping the above message every time I try to reply or forward a mail as HTML. i even try to save the message and send it after but even that does not work.

Can you please help

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-15T07:18:33+00:00

    Hi Nerissa 

    I have try by starting the Outlook in safe mode but the problem is still there. 

    Also i do not use Norton.

    For the Scanreg.exe or Scanregw.exe i get message that this is not valid so i can not execute.

    Kind regards

    Solon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-17T07:41:39+00:00

    Hi solonstampoulis,

    May l know if it works in Outlook Web App( OWA) ? If it works, we recommend that you use it as a temporary workaround.

    If it works in OWA, it should be a client issue. Kindly please refer this article to repair Outlook:

    https://support.office.com/en-US/Article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b 

    In addition, I found that other users have solved similar problems by adding a new Windows user profile, please refer to: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

    Should you have any clarifications on this, don’t hesitate to let us know.

    Thanks,

    Nerissa

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-17T08:32:08+00:00

    Hi Nerissa

    In OWA it is working Fine. 

    I use this profile for years and i am not a company to simply change profile every time there is a problem.

    So I do not accept what you offer as a solution I would expect Microsoft to know what they are including in the update packages that they are releasing and be responsible for that. 

    What you offering here is: 

    1. stop using outlook and switch to OWA: so why I have a pay subscription that offer me Outlook? Is Microsoft will give me a Discount because one of your product that I am paying is not working? 
    2. Go into a process to create a new Window profile without being sure if this will work.

    I would really expect something more than Microsoft 

    Kind regards 

    Solon

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T10:31:08+00:00

    Hi Solon,

    I'm facing the same issue. Did you get a real solution since your last message ?

    Sometimes switching from HTML to RichText helps to send.

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T15:43:42+00:00

    We have users experiencing the same thing.

    The company is on Monthly Enterprise Channel and started occurring after the Feb 9th Patch Tuesday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments