outlook Message "cannot send this item"

Anonymous
2021-02-09T08:13:59+00:00

Hi to 

As of yesterday my outlook is popping the above message every time I try to reply or forward a mail as HTML. i even try to save the message and send it after but even that does not work.

Can you please help

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-11T22:41:15+00:00

    Jim,

    The Outlook Team is investigating a fix. I'll post back when I know what build the fix will go into.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-11T22:26:24+00:00

    Hi Gabriel - amongst many others we are also seeing this issue. I've disabled safe links for now - is there a patch incoming as this is obviously quite a pain point for our users!

    thanks for any update,

    Best,

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T21:28:51+00:00

    Hi all,

    We have escalated this issue to the Outlook Team and a new bug has been logged for investigation. The issue is triggered by the Safe Links feature and is exacerbated by the URL Defense service. A possible workaround would be to remove the Safe Links in the email before replying.

    I will post back when we get an update on the fix status. Just wanted to make sure you knew it was being worked on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T18:23:49+00:00

    All of my users are experiencing the same issue whenever attaching any images.

    Switching to rich text is as others mentioned -a work around and we would like to not use the OWA.

    Microsoft should provide some sort of fix for this widespread of an issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T14:23:06+00:00

    I personally like the web app better !! That is what I use and I have not had any issues .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments