Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T08:36:25+00:00

    Btw.: This fix only seems to work with Windows 10, Version 21H1 (exact version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043). It does not seem to work with Windows 10, version 20H2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-02T01:36:03+00:00

    the 2 is probably the lan port number on your router. I get the number 4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-26T13:43:58+00:00
    1. Close all open windows
    2. Open a command prompt
    3. type "ipconfig /flushdns"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T12:31:23+00:00

    I had the same issue with the yellow banner on Outlook 2016 + Windows 10.

    I was connected to the internet through WiFi and ethernet at the same time. I resolved the issue by disconnecting from my WiFi connection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T13:51:02+00:00

    I'm having this annoyance as well. When connected to wireless it complains about not having a connection to my local domain email. We do not have email on the local domain, we use a different domain for email on O365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments