Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-11T15:26:12+00:00

    I am also having this issue. Has anyone been able to resolve it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-22T13:43:30+00:00

    Resolved but was like "Great another Monday morning issue with windows!"... It would appear that after my last auto-update at shutdown on Friday my tower's wi-fi connection became enabled. I turned off my wi-fi adapter in the settings again and closed the banner. Hasn't popped back up yet. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-01T16:01:26+00:00

    I had this same issue after my network gave out and reconnected.
    However for me it was solved after I noticed that Outlook displayed the text "all folders are up to date" "need password" on the right bottom in the grey area.
    After clicking it, Outlook connected (without putting in my password or a code mind you) and the banner was gone.

    I suspect the link in the banner is for authentication purposes. However it doesn't seem to properly load besides a popup asking permission for Outlook to configure server settings.

    So if you have this problem I suggest checking if Outlook is asking you for the password in the right hand bottom corner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T12:27:00+00:00

    I stopped and started my network connection (Wired)

    Then added the following registry script.  So far so good...

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main]

    "AllowPreLaunch"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\TabPreloader]

    "AllowTabPreloading"=dword:00000000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T21:35:45+00:00

    Try restarting Windows first (NOT shutdown - RESTART) - yes there is a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments