Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-15T11:14:12+00:00

    I managed to get it to go away by disconnecting from my wireless network and reconnecting again. The banner is not appearing now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-16T12:05:22+00:00

    Thanks however, I am not connected via wifi. I am hard wired via ethernet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-16T15:50:11+00:00

    This worked for my user, too. They noted that their connection name in Outook had  "2" appended at the end but the actual network connection doesn't reflect this. Either way, disconnecting from the network and reconnecting resolved the banner message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-17T17:38:37+00:00

    I had this same issue come up over the past few days. Using a home computer, home network, Windows 10 PC,  Outlook 2016. I disabled and re-enabled my Ethernet connection and that seems to have fixed it. I did note that when I first looked at "Ethernet status", it showed IPv6 Connectivity as "No Internet". IPv4 was good. After I disabled/re-enabled the Ethernet adapter, both IPv4 and IPv6 show "Internet".

    Control Panel --> Network and Sharing Center

    -click "Ethernet" link on right side of screen near "Access type"

    -from Ethernet Status box that pops up, click "disable"

    To re-enable, I right-clicked the network icon on the lower right corner of the desktop, ran the network troubleshooter, and it re-enabled the adapter. I'll bet there are some other ways to do this too-this is just the one I found first.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-10T21:41:27+00:00

    I just started having this same issue too. I'm a home user, on wired LAN, using Microsoft 365 Family subscription. What I also notice is after the banner shows up in Outlook, within a few minutes my browser launches all on its own and goes to an MSN page. When I close the browser, this happens again about every 3-5 minutes or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments