Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T20:34:23+00:00

    Hi Brandon,

    May I have a screenshot of the banner in Outlook? I haven't encountered this situation in my test environment ever before. Meanwhile, may I know what DSSO stands for? To my knowledge, SSO stands for single sign-on. However there's no such feature/product/service component named DSSO in Microsoft. 

    Besides, if it's convenience, please also capture a screenshot of your Outlook client version info via File > Office Account > About Outlook for us.

    Regards,

    Marvin

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T16:35:59+00:00

    Here's my error looks like.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-28T08:09:06+00:00

    Could this be connected to the Office account in some way? I am having the same problem and when I select "Office Account" from the File menu and click on "Sign In", I get an error dialog saying "Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues". There is no problem with my connection. As with the OP, when I click on the button in the banner it takes me to the MSN web page.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-11T15:45:10+00:00

    We have a user with the same issue. There is no real problem except for the annoying banner.

    Opened Outlook in safe mode, repaired Outlook, verified network connections, definitely connected to internet via wireless and no other connections, still receiving email without issue. 

    Our org uses Azure AD with Office365, devices are connected to endpoint manager and all users/computers are on the domain. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-15T10:48:17+00:00

    Has this been resolved? I have the same issue and cannot figured out how to make it go away. I am connected via ethernet.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments