Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-09T06:35:02+00:00

    WORKED. Thanks

    Welcome. Glad it help. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T13:30:20+00:00

    WORKED. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-13T14:01:53+00:00

    This feature is available in Outlook for Windows for Current Channel (Preview) users on Version 2004 (Build 12730.20150) or later. Following the registry entry will disable it.

    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General" /v "EnableImprovedCaptivePortalExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T13:51:02+00:00

    I'm having this annoyance as well. When connected to wireless it complains about not having a connection to my local domain email. We do not have email on the local domain, we use a different domain for email on O365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T12:31:23+00:00

    I had the same issue with the yellow banner on Outlook 2016 + Windows 10.

    I was connected to the internet through WiFi and ethernet at the same time. I resolved the issue by disconnecting from my WiFi connection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments