Outlook displays banner that says: Check your connection Open a browser to sign into ______.com and receive new emails

Anonymous
2020-08-06T16:24:56+00:00

When I click the button it opens a generic msn webpage. My company uses DSSO so everything is already signed in. Can't seem to find anyone else who has had this error. I have tried repairing office, recreating mail profile etc.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T19:11:43+00:00

    Thank you so much for the quick reply. I saved your information just in case I

    need it in the future. I actually fixed the problem shortly after my post for help.

    I deleted my account and stated all over again. So far so good! Again thanks for reaching out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T18:23:53+00:00

    Have you tried this?

    This feature is available in Outlook for Windows for Current Channel (Preview) users on Version 2004 (Build 12730.20150) or later. Following the registry entry will disable it.

    Open command prompt with user rights not admin.

    Copy below and press enter. Please confirm if the registry entry esxist after running.

    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General" /v "EnableImprovedCaptivePortalExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T15:38:57+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue, please someone smarter than me figure this out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T15:19:10+00:00

    My solution was pretty simple. User had Wired and Wireless on at the same time that was confusing things.

    Basically, Outlook thought it was a cell or 'weak' signal from what I could tell, and thus didn't want to pull down email over what it thought was a metered connection.

    Disconnected WIFI and all was well in the world.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-17T08:03:36+00:00

    This feature is available in Outlook for Windows for Current Channel (Preview) users on Version 2004 (Build 12730.20150) or later. Following the registry entry will disable it.

    reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\General" /v "EnableImprovedCaptivePortalExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

    Just started getting this banner two days ago and the above solution has worked great for me. Thanks for posting that!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments