Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I use Spark email on my iPhone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows. I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)
So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.
Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.
In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway). I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365. In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature. I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office. Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?
I have tried all the unified inbox hacks. None work properly.
If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I use Spark email on my iPhone.
so for me, the IOS email experience is so much like I want my outlook experience to be. Simple unified email. For me, emclient using exchange web services and gmail/hotmail coupled with the IOS email is perfect no need to fiddle! Heck even the outlook mobile allows multiple accounts.
Yes, Outlook 365 without a unified inbox, and horrendous problems with how to get round messages showing double spacing between paragraphs, is just a 'dog's breakfast'. I've struggled with it for ages being part of my Microsoft 365 subscription, but reluctantly had to give up, and move on to eM Client.
I just tried both eM Client and Mailbird. My problem is that my consulting clients assign me email accounts. When I go to add the accounts to eM or Mailbird, they require permissions (MS Exchange), and the clients' IT departments throw up all sorts of objections.
Any work arounds for this?
I just tried both eM Client and Mailbird. My problem is that my consulting clients assign me email accounts. When I go to add the accounts to eM or Mailbird, they require permissions (MS Exchange), and the clients' IT departments throw up all sorts of objections.
Any work arounds for this?
Sorry, I've no experience in that regard.