Unified Inbox in Outlook 2020?

Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:00:01+00:00

I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows.  I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)

So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.

Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.

In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway).  I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365.  In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature.  I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office.  Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?

I have tried all the unified inbox hacks.  None work properly.

If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T22:58:24+00:00

    I've been using a very similar macro, just without the SendKeys line and it suddenly stopped working properly after cumulative update 20H2 for Win 10 (KB5008212) was applied here. Now it still performs the search when I use the macro but the results only show messages received up to when the update happened.

    I can still see the new e-mails on each individual mailbox so Outlook is fetching them, but not adding those messages to the search results. Was something changed on how search works / a new setting I failed to find so far or did something break?

    Just chiming in here to say that my VBA searches no longer work after the recent update, as well. Please fix search so we can use this powerful tool fully!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-23T05:37:44+00:00

    I've been using Outlook on Windows for years. Originally there was only POP3 mail, then came IMAP and I didn't bother to change from POP because IMAP didn't give me the option of putting all my emails from different accounts in one place. I tried using rules to move everything around, and that was a hassle and it only worked on my local PC. With all POP accounts, my accounts flow into a PST, and I see everything in one place. It's probably not the best solution, but until MS gets its act together and provides a unified mailbox for Outlook on Windows PCs, I'll stick with POP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments