Unified Inbox in Outlook 2020?

Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:00:01+00:00

I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows.  I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)

So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.

Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.

In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway).  I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365.  In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature.  I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office.  Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?

I have tried all the unified inbox hacks.  None work properly.

If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T12:54:40+00:00

    Yes, more than 10years bk, I switched to Gmail and connected all my other mails there.

    Last night, I decided to come out of Google and its products and thought by now Outlook would have included this MOST NATURAL BASIC FEATURE.

    I am frantically looking for other alternatives (open source).

    Seems, Thunderbird has figured a way around it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-03T15:18:15+00:00

    Refusal by Microsoft to implement these basic features, that are only available on non-Microsoft platforms - Both supporting multiple Teams accounts, and Unified view of Outlook for windows - Is Microsoft planning to retire windows and get out the desktop business? Another example - PowerPoint, VSCode - they are a lot better on Mac than on windows. Several basic features are not available on windows but are provided on Mac, Linux and IOS?

    Outlook Rooms availability is the same case... I am seriously concerned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T19:15:37+00:00

    How does eM Client handle online meetings and so on? Does it work with MS Teams, for example?

    I'm coming from Outlook on Mac (oh the gorgeous creation - compared to the Windows counterpart) to PC as I'm changing software in my line of work. I'm therefore interested to know how the online meeting scheduling works - given I rely solely on MS Teams for my client meetings.

    EDIT: Thank god I don't have to pay for Microsoft 365 myself. I'd be furious if I had to pay for a program (Outlook) that's lacking even the most basic functions in todays modern world. Even the "Mail" app has this covered, without any problems what so ever... I assume Microsoft wants us to move over to the Mail app instead - given how much better and more modern it looks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-01T18:04:49+00:00

    I have gone with eM Client.  It has a unified inbox and works perfectly with Microsoft Exchange.  Strange why Microsoft can't develop an email desktop system that fits with most people's needs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-01T16:53:27+00:00

    I too was looking for a unified inbox.

    I went with PostBox. It was Windows and Mac and allowed me to share local folders on my dual-boot computer.

    https://www.postbox-inc.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments