Unified Inbox in Outlook 2020?

Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:00:01+00:00

I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows.  I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)

So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.

Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.

In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway).  I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365.  In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature.  I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office.  Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?

I have tried all the unified inbox hacks.  None work properly.

If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-01T21:04:13+00:00

    I use it as well. Paid version, 3 email accounts works great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-01T19:54:07+00:00

    Yes, you are so right. I've now got eM Client, and it works superbly in all departments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-01T19:22:08+00:00

    You may or may not have tried this but eM Client is a far better option for this very matter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T01:45:48+00:00

    I monitor more than 20 emails account from several companies and business. Outlook should learned from winmail. Even Outlook express and succesor winmail (windows mail in vista) are a way better than MS outlook. I am still using winmail in windows 10 following the instructions in https://www.eightforums.com/threads/how-to-reinstate-winmail-onto-windows-8-or-windows-10.3698/page-36#post-566058

    Everytime Windows 10 launch a new update , it removes the winmail from the system and it's neccesary to setup again from a backup, but it still worth it.

    WinMail is better, faster, unified inboxes, folders, rules, the reading pane is better, the distribution of the space in the screen has the information needed, no more, no less.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-15T13:00:53+00:00

    Refusal by Microsoft to implement these basic features, that are only available on non-Microsoft platforms - Both supporting multiple Teams accounts, and Unified view of Outlook for windows - Is Microsoft planning to retire windows and get out the desktop business? Another example - PowerPoint, VSCode - they are a lot better on Mac than on windows. Several basic features are not available on windows but are provided on Mac, Linux and IOS?

    Outlook Rooms availability is the same case... I am seriously concerned.

    Seriously ...

    The guy sitting and collating issue tickets must a "Sutton(ian) Jerk" to turn a blind eye to this very natural interface requirement.

    It speaks volumes of the company and its operational procedures too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments