Unified Inbox in Outlook 2020?

Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:00:01+00:00

I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows.  I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)

So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.

Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.

In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway).  I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365.  In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature.  I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office.  Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?

I have tried all the unified inbox hacks.  None work properly.

If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-15T15:48:08+00:00

    If I go to Account Settings and click on the Email tab, I see a list of all the emails I've added to Outlook.  At the bottom is a "Change Folder" button that corresponds with each email address as I click on it.  From what I can tell, I can use this button to send the mail from all of my email addresses to a single inbox.  So, I pick my default Outlook address, which doesn't receive any mail, and all of the emails from all my addresses go to that inbox.

    Like the rest of you, I have too many email accounts and want to not only handle them in one place, but maybe move messages from one account to another.

    Justin, I'm using Desktop Outlook 365. I don't see a "Change Folder" button in the Account Settings > Email tab. What version do you use? I would love to discover an alternative to the VBA I've been using that now fails to work, because index searches fail to work, I guess because my accounts are IMAP and the messages are not all downloaded.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-13T20:27:29+00:00

    It still blows my mind that Outlook on Windows dose not have a unified inbox option. Even crazier that the Mac version has had it for quite some time. I went with eM client for my mail app. It has a unified inbox, is much easier to use, much better UI etc. And the free version only has one real limitation which is 2 accounts max. But I use Gmail and Outlook so that's all I need. Other than that it's great, no ads or anything. And of course it has a unified inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-08T18:50:13+00:00

    I just tried both eM Client and Mailbird. My problem is that my consulting clients assign me email accounts. When I go to add the accounts to eM or Mailbird, they require permissions (MS Exchange), and the clients' IT departments throw up all sorts of objections.

    Any work arounds for this?

    Sorry, I've no experience in that regard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-07T17:52:11+00:00

    I just tried both eM Client and Mailbird. My problem is that my consulting clients assign me email accounts. When I go to add the accounts to eM or Mailbird, they require permissions (MS Exchange), and the clients' IT departments throw up all sorts of objections.

    Any work arounds for this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-02T16:22:57+00:00

    Yes, Outlook 365 without a unified inbox, and horrendous problems with how to get round messages showing double spacing between paragraphs, is just a 'dog's breakfast'. I've struggled with it for ages being part of my Microsoft 365 subscription, but reluctantly had to give up, and move on to eM Client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments