Unified Inbox in Outlook 2020?

Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:00:01+00:00

I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows.  I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)

So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.

Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.

In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway).  I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365.  In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature.  I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office.  Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?

I have tried all the unified inbox hacks.  None work properly.

If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-18T21:02:26+00:00

     They all just go straight to the chosen inbox.

    Interesting.  Does Sent mail and drafts also get unified into this "account"?

    I assume we should create a new dummy email address to be the unification one, not an existing one which might get confusing?  What is your default maibox?  Mine is Microsoft 365 account so that all my devices (mac, ipad, iphone, windows pcs etc) get the same synchronized calendar and address book (I use my exchange account as the glue between all these systems, but I cant use outlook on windows with it ironically due to the missing (for 15 years) unified inbox/sent mail/drafts etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-18T11:11:31+00:00

    And I thought I had a lot of email!  I don't think it is technically forwarding messages, in that new message are not actually delivered to their "home" address, if you will.  They all just go straight to the chosen inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-16T01:38:50+00:00

    I used emClient for a while some years ago (the first time I tried to break from Thunderbird).  I don't remember why, but I found it just wasn't up to what I needed.

    I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but I think I can answer it with "I don't think so."  The unified inbox and sync with mobile as described above all happens within Outlook. Other mail clients will still go straight to the server.  So, if you set Outlook to never delete messages from the server and instead treat some other email client as your home-base, so to speak, where you give emails their final deletion, the messages will be there for those other clients to grab no matter what you do in Outlook, mobile or desktop.

    At the moment, I'm still running Thunderbird alongside Outlook.  I've got both set to delete messages from the server only when they're deleted from the client, so the only way they interfere with each other is if I delete a message from one before the other has downloaded it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-16T01:20:58+00:00

    I have been a paid emclient user for many years now.  This works best for me ironically delivering a very (mac) Microsoft experience!

    Your idea sounds ok but I wondering if it lacks the unified inbox across platforms.  For me, my iOS mail nicely layers my 3 mail accounts together and knows what I need.  Would having it do this throw off other downstream mail clients from getting mail from the right place and showing it where expected?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more