Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Hardly surprising, the deafault polling (send/receive) is every 30 minutes setting it for 1 min will cause a failure
Emain is not an instant access media - Fax and phone is
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hardly surprising, the deafault polling (send/receive) is every 30 minutes setting it for 1 min will cause a failure
Emain is not an instant access media - Fax and phone is
Hello JimDCross,
Merry Christmas! It's my pleasure to help you.
From the error messages, please firstly visit the Shaw email's website to get the detailed incoming and SMTP server settings, then in Outlook for Mac, go to Tools > Accounts to check and make sure your Shaw email account settings are accurate.
If there are no problems with your account settings, you can back up your data and refer to below article to create a new profile and add your Shaw account to the new profile to check this issue:
While if the issue persists after try all above steps, I'd like to recommend you contact Microsoft dedicated Outlook for Mac support team to see if they received similarly report of the Shaw account issue in Outlook for Mac. They are focus on such kind of Outlook for Mac issues and will provide more professional suggestions to you.
Hi JimDCross! I'm Stephen, an Independent Advisor here in the Microsoft Answers Community.
I prepared a Microsoft Office Support Site to help you with your issue. You can follow MikeWortman and Vanessa Ouyang MSFT's answer by deleting the password stored in the Keychain.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...
You can also try to set up shaw's recommended server settings in this link below.
https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/em...
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Hope this helps! Please feel free to reply to this message. I'm willing to help you with your concern.
Even a non tech person like me knows your comment is not true.
The normal default setting for Outlook is three minutes.
Checking email more frequently than that does not cause errors.
If you want to find out click on send/receive on your email client and you will see it has no effect at all.
I set my Outlook at one minute so I could watch the frequency of the error message.
Amia2
I've looked all over and can't find any way to connect with the Microsoft dedicated Outlook for Mac support team.
How do I get in touch with them?
Jim