Outlook for Mac 2016 losing connection with Shaw email server per attached sync error message

Anonymous
2019-12-24T18:11:45+00:00
Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-31T03:05:55+00:00

    Amia

    The screen shot you asked for is already posted as the first post on this thread.

    A screen shot of each of the two email accounts in Outlook and a screen shot of the "about Outlook" window.

    It's up to date

    I use two part security so I need to get an Apple generated password for each email account which I've done

    I have not tried a new profile in Outlook.

    I will do that after I've heard back from you on the screenshots.

    Thank you

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-26T17:40:03+00:00

    Dear Jim,

    I'm sorry to hear that you cannot create a new session with the in-app support person, I'd like to continue to help you, but to help you better, could you please capture a screenshoot of the details of your account settings in Tools > Accounts and upload the screenshoot in the forum?

    In the meantime, since your Outlook client version is an old version, firstly, please go to the Help menu and click Check for updates to update your client to the latest version.

    Also, may I confirm if you have tried to create a new Outlook profile and add your Shaw account to a new profile to check this issue?

    If the issue persists in the new profile, then kindly delete keychain based on the steps below:

    1. Make sure you quite Outlook and other Office apps, then go to KeyChain Access
    2. Search "Exchange" under Login --> All Items and delete everything
    3. Search "Office" and delete everything
    4. Search "ADAL" and delete everything
    5. Launch Outlook
    6. You will get the activation prompt and then If account is already added.

    Hope above steps will help to fix this issue for you. However, if the issue persists, I'd like to recommend you login your Shaw account with the web browser to access your emails to work around this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-26T04:38:53+00:00

    Amia

    My Outlook is 16.16.17 so no problem there

    When I click on Contact support a window opens with the last problem I had a year ago.

    Can't get a new window to start a new session.

    When I try to send a message on my old session screen and try to include the screen shot of the problem your system won't accept the screenshot.

    I followed your shortcut for help and tried locking and unlocking the keychain but nothing happened.

    The procedure on your shortcut isn't correct.

    I'm 72 years old and this is a problem that I need help on

    Jim 🤓

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-25T22:18:09+00:00

    Hi Jim,

    If you update your Outlook client to version 15.34 (170515) and later, then you can directly contact the in-app support team within the Outlook for Mac client by going to the Help menu and select Contact Support.

    For more details, please see: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Contact-support-within-Outlook-for-Mac-d0410177-8e65-4487-93f7-206a3a3d71a8

    BR,

    Amia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-25T21:49:05+00:00

    Amia2

    I've looked all over and can't find any way to connect with the Microsoft dedicated Outlook for Mac support team.

    How do I get in touch with them?

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments