Outlook for Mac 2016 losing connection with Shaw email server per attached sync error message

Anonymous
2019-12-24T18:11:45+00:00
Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-01T11:09:48+00:00

    Hello Jim,

    Happy New Year! I am really sorry to hear the news. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by installing the latest version of Outlook Client. 

    May I know if you have backed up your data to an .olm as I suggested in my first reply? 

    If so, you may try to create a new profile and add your account to the new profile, then you can refer to below article to import the .olm file to the new profile via go to the Tools tab and choose Import -> in the Import box, select the option “**Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm)**and click Continue.

    For more detailed steps, please see: 

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-email-messages-contacts-and-other-items-into-outlook-for-mac-6cc48404-a65c-4b8c-a12a-95a905249414

    Sorry again for the inconvenience, do let me know if you still need help. I'll try my best to help you.

    Best wishes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-31T23:55:02+00:00

    Panyong T

    I could use your help here quickly

    Please read the last two exchanges with Amia and myself.

    My Outlook is now non functioning and I can't access my Outlook data base

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-31T20:55:16+00:00

    Amia

    My problem now is worse than I thought.

    I restored my Office items to a time before the installed the Office 365 items over tp of them.

    They are back to install 16.16 now.

    However when I try to open Outlook I get this error message. (screen shot)

    I interpret this as my Outlook data files on my Mac have been converted to work with Outlook 16.32 and no longer work with Outlook 16.16.

    Now I no longer have a working Outlook and I have no access to my email files.

    This needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Please help!

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-31T18:00:42+00:00

    Amia

    You've made a bit of a mess for me.

    I downloaded and installed the 16.32 updates you recommended (per the screenshot)

    But in order to use the updated version of the Office suite I have to purchase a subscription

    You sent me links to updates for the Office 365 subscription version.

    I own my copy of Office for Mac 2016 outright.

    I don't think you realize that the purchased version of Office 2016 for Mac only has updates to 16.16

    Now I have to uninstall those updates and go back to my original version 16.16 purchased Office 2016 for Mac.

    How do I do this?

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-31T09:51:06+00:00

    Hello Jim,

    Thanks for provided the pictures. 

    From the screenshoot, you have configured your Shaw account as pop account in Outlook. It is recommended to change the account settings like below to configured it as IMAP account and check the result: 

    IMAP (Incoming Mail)

    Server: imap.shaw.ca

    Port: 993

    Encryption: SSL/TLS

    SMTP (Outgoing Mail)

    Server: smtp.shaw.ca

    Port: 587

    Encryption: STARTTLS 

    For your reference: 

    By the way, regarding your Outlook version, from this link, the latest version of Office for Mac is version 16.32 (19120802). May I know if you don't have the Check for Update option when going to the Help menu?

    If so, run the latest version of Microsoft AutoUpdate tool, then check for updates again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments