Outlook for Mac 2016 losing connection with Shaw email server per attached sync error message

Anonymous
2019-12-24T18:11:45+00:00
Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-18T10:42:29+00:00

    Dear Jim, 

    Please take it easy and try it at your convenience. I'll continue to monitor this thread. If there is anything I can help you with, I will always be here to help you. Have a nice weekend :-)

    Sincerely yours, 

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T17:22:37+00:00

    Jennifer

    I'll try to find the missing files and restore them

    Part of the problem was created when Amia had me set up a new Mac user profile and start using it so I ended up using two Mac emails and two Outlooks, one in each user profile.

    Then between copying and pasting and moving and deleting bits got lost.

    I'll try what you suggest and see how it goes

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T11:13:42+00:00

    Dear Jim,

    I'm really really glad to hear this great news that everything works correct in Outlook now, we highly appreciate for your patience and efforts.

    As for the missing files, I remember you said you used time machine backup your data before, please kindly try and check if you could restore those files from the time machine. Here are the steps:

    1. Make sure that your Time Machine backup disk is connected and turned on.
    2. Open a window that contains—or once contained—the item that you want to restore. For example, to restore a file that was deleted from your Documents folder, start by opening the Documents folder. Or if you're using an app that automatically saves versions of documents as you work on them, open any version of that document.
    3. Choose Enter Time Machine from the Time Machine menu Time Machine icon. 
    4. Find the items to restore:
    • Use the timeline on the edge of the screen to see the items in your Time Machine backup as they were at that date and time. The timeline might also include local snapshots.
    • Use the onscreen up and down arrows to jump to the last time the contents of the window changed. You can also use the search field in a window to find an item, then move through time while focused on changes to that item.
    • Select an item and press Space Bar to preview it and make sure it's the one you want.
    1. Click Restore to restore the item you selected, or Control-click the item for other options.

    Sincerely hope you can restore those files from the time machine, but what I have to say is if we are not able to restore those files form time machine, then we may cannot resort those files anymore. I'm feeling really sorry for this and not involving your thread earlier to help you better with this issue, looking forward to your understanding. 

    Sincerely yours,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-16T17:39:53+00:00

    I found the mysterious emails

    I had been using the email client the comes with Mac while we sorted the Outlook issues.

    The two emails were on that and were being sent from there.

    All fixed now.

    I think we're good on the Outlook now.

    Unfortunately I lost all my archives and many current files in the back and forth but the day to day is fine now.

    Live and learn no?

    Thanks

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-16T11:56:03+00:00

    Dear Jim,

    I appreciate your efforts and I'm glad to hear that the rule you created works. Let's continue working together on your current problem!

    For the issue about the two mysterious emails that keep reappears after you delete them. Please kindly use the Spotlight to search for those problematic emails to see if there is any results. If so, delete the problematic emails from the search result and check the result.

    To doing so, here are the detailed steps:

    1. Click ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/8217f853-0692-4adb-a565-3bcbef2079f1?platform=QnA in the upper-right corner of the menu bar, or press Command-Space bar.

    2. Enter something like “emails from Jim Cross”.

    3. If you can find those affected emails, move those file to Trash and check the result.

    In the meantime, I'd like to recommend you may also login to your account's web side to search for and delete those problematic emails from the server side to see if the emails will reappear again.

    Moreover, regarding your concerns to let Outlook open at the On my Computer inbox, I feel really sorry to say that there is no such settings we can achieve this currently.

    However, if the purpose of this is to access the Inbox folder at the top of the folder list in Outlook client, the workaround is to right-click on the Inbox folder under On My Computer folder and select the option “Add to favorite”. By doing so, you can access the inbox of the On My Computer folder at the top of the folder list in Outlook.

    Looking to receive your response again and wish you have a great day.

    Sincerely yours,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments