Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
This worked for me
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have had this problem for 2 days on my lap top. Outlook 365 will not open in start uninstalled it last night and reinstalled it with advice off someone it was ok last night then back to not opening any advice please?
My Outlook Windows 7 on my PC is fine
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This worked for me
Tis is a very old thread dealing with a specific problem that was mitigated, you should really consider starting a new one. Having said that, what exactly happens when you try? Do you get any error messages? Will Outlook start and run OK in Safe Mode?
The wheel spins awhile and then I get an error message. Here's the message; "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc00001420). Click OK to close the application." I click OK. The application won't close. I click on the x in the corner and cannot get the message to close. I finally close the entire program. I photographed both the screens in order to send the message to you for help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to send the two photos to you without multiple steps. They're on my cell phone and I'm answering from the computer.
Mine stopped opening again yesterday. Here's a good article to reference https://www.pcerror-fix.com/fix-outlook-wont-open, it has 11 options to try to fix the issue since it's different for different PCs. I fixed mine yesterday by going in and using Dell Support Assist on my laptop and it 5 driver updates it loaded then it opened. What seemed to fix it the first time it happened was i deleted and then set up a new outlook profile.
I truly know how painful it is when it won't open, first time for me took 3 weeks to figure it out.
Lynn
Most of the info I've found on the error suggests a re-install should help. Assuming you have Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Office (May be called Microsoft App for Business), select it, click Modify, select either Quick Repair or Online Repair and let it run. This has fixed the issue for a number of folks. There was an issue with an earlier version of Outlook, that was repaired as of version 1803 (Build 9126.2116) which was released in March of 2018, see the following:
Tis is a very old thread dealing with a specific problem that was mitigated, you should really consider starting a new one. Having said that, what exactly happens when you try? Do you get any error messages? Will Outlook start and run OK in Safe Mode?
The wheel spins awhile and then I get an error message. Here's the message; "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc00001420). Click OK to close the application." I click OK. The application won't close. I click on the x in the corner and cannot get the message to close. I finally close the entire program. I photographed both the screens in order to send the message to you for help. Unfortunately, I don't know how to send the two photos to you without multiple steps. They're on my cell phone and I'm answering from the computer.
Tis is a very old thread dealing with a specific problem that was mitigated, you should really consider starting a new one. Having said that, what exactly happens when you try? Do you get any error messages? Will Outlook start and run OK in Safe Mode?