Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

Anonymous
2021-03-21T17:51:29+00:00

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

 and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-11T18:39:48+00:00

    I'm getting them four today, how do I stop it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-11T16:35:11+00:00

    That worked for me. I had to delete on the pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-10T19:51:22+00:00

    I got rid of my Microsoft Suggestions on my iPhone by deleting the event on my pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T15:44:37+00:00

    I've been getting these for months and they are already in my junk mail.  It's spam coming in under: vivint home security  <******@year-f202.weakswill.org.uk>

    adt  <******@ripe-autoconf.firmruler.org.uk>

    <******@fotoregali.com>

    aag  <******@flyimpel.net>

    vivint home security  <******@austere.weakswill.org.uk>

    friend  <******@trap-template.twiddlyspec.net>

    They all start <thankyou@...>

    There's more but you get the drift.  Can't block them because they're already blocked

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T23:20:13+00:00

    Thank you for that, Diane. My sister has been getting these junk meetings added to her Calendar both on Outlook.com and on the Outlook app on her iPhone. Her calendar is shared with me so I spotted the spam meeting happening once again.  I simply deleted the meeting series a couple of weeks ago. It happened again today and I dug down into the meeting event and see that it was sent by Vivint Home Security, but not as a direct email. Nevertheless, I went into Settings, Mail, Junk Email, Add and added the sender and domain to the blocked list. I also followed your previous screen shot to add a new rule "Delete meeting spam." I ran the rule but that did not delete the event from the Calendar nor did it find any email related to the previously mentioned sender and domain. So somehow, these events enter the Calendar without a directly sent email. I'll keep the group posted to see if this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments