Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

Anonymous
2021-03-21T17:51:29+00:00

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

 and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-22T21:16:13+00:00

    Hello! I was having the same problem! I just looked at my calendar and there was a suggestion on every day, uuggh. I went into calendar setting, I think, and there was a setting that had a small question mark after it. But I can't remember what it was named and now can't find it again. Anyway, I toggled that off and all the suggestions disappeared. I think it may have said something about 'advertising suggestions'

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-20T19:05:47+00:00

    Same issue here. The events are coming from emails that have been automatically flagged as spam. 

    Really f'ing annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-04-20T14:33:37+00:00

    It seems like iPhone is adding them to the calendar when the junk folder syncs. Depending on how your account is set up, they will either be added to the phone's default calendar or to the outlook.com calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-20T12:14:34+00:00

    I have been having this problem on my iPhone using the iPhone client, but when I go to Outlook.com, the spam meetings are not there.  It seems Microsoft is successfully supressing them on Outlook.com but other e-mail clients syncing with Outlook.oom are still picking up these suggestions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T16:36:17+00:00

    I also have had all my own calendar entries disappear!

    Why doesn't Micfrosoft deal with this??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments