Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

Anonymous
2021-03-21T17:51:29+00:00

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

 and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-14T16:36:17+00:00

    I also have had all my own calendar entries disappear!

    Why doesn't Micfrosoft deal with this??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T19:20:20+00:00

    I'm also having this same issue, this is an extremely annoying problem because I get notifications EVERY SINGLE DAY about these random spam emails that I have no email for to begin with. This shouldn't even be something that should be happening -- And if it is, we need to have the option to disable Microsoft Suggestions. There's no reason why my calendar should just be automatically populated by spam emails simply because they sent an email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-04-06T19:27:36+00:00

    I'll let Microsoft know the problem is back.  Did you create a rule in outlook.com's settings to mark meetings as junk or delete them (if you don't get meetings at this address). 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-24T12:58:46+00:00

    I have started getting the same thing happening to my calendar from "******@superlatively.metaexile.com".  I did what the one gentleman suggested but could not find the sender in my deleted file, looked in my junk mail file and found the sucker.  I then opened up my outlook blocked list, added the address to be blocked and will sit back and see if it works.  Hopefully "Microsoft suggestion" events go away????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Brian Tillman 27,130 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-03-22T22:11:07+00:00

    Did you check your Deleted Items to see if the messages arrived and you didn't realize it? Outlook typically deletes event messages once added to the calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments