Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

Anonymous
2021-03-21T17:51:29+00:00

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

 and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T18:17:06+00:00

    I have 10+ suggested events per day in my calendar, I cannot access any of my own events or appointments that I want to put into my calendar because I have the automatic spam events and conflicts in everyday for the next 30 days!

    This link might help some -  How to Disable Suggested Event in Calendar on iPhone - iGeeksBlog 

    but I don't have to option in settings to turn off "events found in email".

    And for desktop ; How to prevent calendar invites from appearing on my calendar with a - Microsoft Community

    But this does NOT help either!

    I can NO LONGER even use my calendar on my phone, that I have relied upon for the last couple years!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T07:44:02+00:00

    I have the same problem.  I dont know what to anymore

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T15:44:37+00:00

    I've been getting these for months and they are already in my junk mail.  It's spam coming in under: vivint home security  <******@year-f202.weakswill.org.uk>

    adt  <******@ripe-autoconf.firmruler.org.uk>

    <******@fotoregali.com>

    aag  <******@flyimpel.net>

    vivint home security  <******@austere.weakswill.org.uk>

    friend  <******@trap-template.twiddlyspec.net>

    They all start <thankyou@...>

    There's more but you get the drift.  Can't block them because they're already blocked

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-04-07T18:30:22+00:00

    Now the problem is how do I get rid of the events?  I was able to get rid of them off my Desktop Outlook by "Declining" but I am not able to remove them from my iPhone. Any suggestions? And how does this happen if the email gets sent to the Junk Folder?

    NEVER decline spammed meeting invites. Just delete them. Declining tells the spammer your address is valid. 

    You need to delete the every from the calendar - if that calendar is syncing to the phone, you only need to delete them one place. If the phone calendar is separate, you need to delete the event from the phone calendar. 

    And how does this happen if the email gets sent to the Junk Folder?

    The phone app is processing events in the junk mail folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T16:48:51+00:00

    Now at six in the last few days.

    Is Microsoft going to do anything or are they going to force me to remove their service from my phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments