Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

Anonymous
2021-03-21T17:51:29+00:00

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

 and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T15:30:11+00:00

    I have the same problem. The Microsoft Suggestion spam calendar item is only in my iPhone Hotmail account calendar. It does not appear in the iPhone Outlook app Calendar. I think iPhone/Siri is seeing these spam calendar items when it syncs junk or trash and adds it to the email account Calendar (hotmail in my case). Some screen shots of the spam email from the IPhone and Outlook apps. Permanently deleting the email item does not remove the iPhone calendar Microsoft Suggestion spam appointment. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-02T15:54:34+00:00

    I checked with support - they are aware of this meeting spam and have blocked it so no new everts should be showing. afaik, the block is in effect now, but they might still be working on it and some may slip through.  

    I received another spam “Microsoft Suggestion” calendar invite last night.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-24T01:41:57+00:00

    Thank you for this advice. 

    I couldn't find it after initial pop up. But have just found email in junk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T22:44:57+00:00

    When I click on notification to see what they are, they disappear from the notification section on my phone not even opening my calendar or email box so I can't check which junk emails sending me a notification. A few days ago I found some strange titles on my calendar and I deleted all thinking I must have pressed something to activate a service on my calendar. I tried to deactivate whatever that was but could not find how.

    I use a surface pro and an android phone. 

    I keep getting notifications on Microsoft Suggestions almost every half an hour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T21:30:36+00:00

    I'm getting the same thing, and although Robert is saying he doesn't see an email showing up as the cause, I do - but it's in my junk email. How is junk email able to trigger a calendar suggestion?

    I am getting the same thing. I haven't checked my junk box. It has been over a week since it started happening. Very annoying at the same time as worrying

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments