Getting "MICROSOFT SUGGESTIONS" in my Outlook Calendar that appear to be spam

Anonymous
2021-03-21T17:51:29+00:00

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving "Microsoft Suggestions" in my calendar that span across two weeks in my calendar, that are waiting for me to accept. This actually started on my Outlook on my iPhone on my "Outlook Calendar" and has now started on my Desktop Windows machine.

My iPhone Calendar

 and my Desktop Outlook Calendar

in the iPhone calendar, you can see that almost every day has been infested with these. The Pfizer Vaccine ones do not show the "Microsoft Suggestion" but I assume these are all coming from the same place since they started at the same time and there are 4 listed spanning as one "Event" from March 5th to March 30 I can not delete these OR decline them. The Desktop "Meetings" I can decline but they keep coming back.

Has anyone else been getting these BS items and how can I turn them off completely. I do not share my calendar with anyone nor have I ever received "request" for a meeting until this **** started. I am ok with turning off all invitations for meetings but I cant find a way to do this.

Thank you in advance!

Bob

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T23:50:10+00:00

    This just started for me in the last two weeks and is horribly annoying. 

    They are associated with emails that are extremely obvious spam and the domains (stuff like “ADT <******@kill-fat-quick.spam.com> for example) are giveaways. Microsoft either needs to filter spam better or to give an option to toggle off “Microsoft Suggestions”. This issue doesn’t effect Gmail or iCloud and shouldn’t have ever been added as a “feature” we can’t turn off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T19:23:18+00:00

    I'm getting the same thing, and although Robert is saying he doesn't see an email showing up as the cause, I do - but it's in my junk email. How is junk email able to trigger a calendar suggestion?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-22T17:33:04+00:00

    Thank you Brian, the problem is that I have never received an email for these events. That was my first thought and I looked for them to block.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T23:52:46+00:00

    I have actually found 2 possible sources of these in my Junk Folder. I actually went into my Junk Settings>Junk Email Options>Options Tab and my email Protection is (and always has been) set to high. Then I went to the International Tab and block ALL the options on both "Blocked Top-Level Domain List" and "Blocked Encodings List" as I get a lot of international Junk Mail. I don't need to receive any International emails so turning them off will not affect me.

    I don't know if the sources I found are the ones that created the Calendar Event but I hope it stops it.

    Now the problem is how do I get rid of the events?  I was able to get rid of them off my Desktop Outlook by "Declining" but I am not able to remove them from my iPhone. Any suggestions? And how does this happen if the email gets sent to the Junk Folder?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    for me I deleted them by logging into outlook.com and deleting the event there.

    I’d be afraid to ever respond with “decline” (or any of the options) because that usually notifies the sender what your response is, and now the spam source has confirmed your email is active.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2021-03-25T01:34:26+00:00

    Anything delivered to your Junk Email folder is already considered blocked and blocking it again will not have any extra effect. If events are coming in on messages that the server recognizes as junk, that is a Microsoft problem. I know how to contact some Outlook MVPs and will ask them to bring this to the product group's attention if they can.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments