Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
I have the same problem any update microsoft!!??
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had been using Outlook for Android successfully for an IMAP account. Recently the app started asking for a password but it rejected the password entered. Multiple attempts to reconfigure settings failed. Worked with mail provider to try new password. Confirmed settings. Continued to fail. Uninstalled Outlook, reconfigure, and try to set up account. Outlook errors out after trying to accept an existing mail account.
I can access the mail account from a WIN10 device running Outlook (Microsoft 365) and using new password. I can access mail using Outlook for Android on my Samsung tablet.
Cannot figure out why Outlook stopped working on the phone and will not let me reinstall the mail account.
My mail account is not an Outlook.com account.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same problem any update microsoft!!??
I work for an ISP helping customers with issues.
This particular issue presented a few months ago and I've helped literally hundreds of customers with various brands of Mobile Handsets and different versions of Android over this period.
The only solution that I've ever found is to configure the customer's account in the GMAIL app instead.
I was gleeful that I never had this problem until a couple of days ago.
I have 4 IMAP email accounts configured in Outlook for Android which have only become problematic two days ago.
I have obviously tried everything from re-installing the app and configuring from scratch, trying both automatic settings and manual settings using the various port and mail server settings my ISP has available but although I can still receive emails I'm no longer able to send.
Using the exact same settings in the GMAIL app mail can be successfully sent and received.
My outlook.com email address continues to function perfectly.
As this has been ongoing for months and as Microsoft is clearly aware of the issue, it's clearly a problem that MS have zero interest in fixing
This echoes my experience. Even though I'm not keen on it, Gmail (for android) works a lot better than Outlook (for andoid) - which doesn't work if you use an IMAP for a private account that isn't gmail, hotmail etc.