Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Thanks for this! Am I to use the "000", or do I use my specific server port number?
That's what is really weird : you have to use 000. Not your specific server port number !
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had been using Outlook for Android successfully for an IMAP account. Recently the app started asking for a password but it rejected the password entered. Multiple attempts to reconfigure settings failed. Worked with mail provider to try new password. Confirmed settings. Continued to fail. Uninstalled Outlook, reconfigure, and try to set up account. Outlook errors out after trying to accept an existing mail account.
I can access the mail account from a WIN10 device running Outlook (Microsoft 365) and using new password. I can access mail using Outlook for Android on my Samsung tablet.
Cannot figure out why Outlook stopped working on the phone and will not let me reinstall the mail account.
My mail account is not an Outlook.com account.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for this! Am I to use the "000", or do I use my specific server port number?
That's what is really weird : you have to use 000. Not your specific server port number !
Hi,
Microsoft support just suggested a solution which strangely seems to work : simply adding the "000" port number after the server names fixes the bug.
imap.domain.com:000
smtp.domain.com:000
The first connection takes time, then Outlook shows some warnings about connection security, but it works.
I don't think it's a long-term solution, but it can be helpful while waiting for a true software fix.
Thanks for this! Am I to use the "000", or do I use my specific server port number?
Hi,
Microsoft support just suggested a solution which strangely seems to work : simply adding the "000" port number after the server names fixes the bug.
imap.domain.com:000
smtp.domain.com:000
The first connection takes time, then Outlook shows some warnings about connection security, but it works.
I don't think it's a long-term solution, but it can be helpful while waiting for a true software fix.
Still no answer from Microsoft for me.
Clearly a regression in the last Outlook/Android Version.
Galaxy S8 / Android 9.