Accessing an IMAP mail account using Outlook for Android on Galaxy S20

Anonymous
2020-08-25T22:18:25+00:00

I had been using Outlook for Android successfully for an IMAP account. Recently the app started asking for a password but it rejected the password entered. Multiple attempts to reconfigure settings failed. Worked with mail provider to try new password. Confirmed settings. Continued to fail. Uninstalled Outlook, reconfigure, and try to set up account. Outlook errors out after trying to accept an existing mail account.

I can access the mail account from a WIN10 device running Outlook (Microsoft 365) and using new password. I can access mail using Outlook for Android on my Samsung tablet.

Cannot figure out why Outlook stopped working on the phone and will not let me reinstall the mail account.

My mail account is not an Outlook.com account.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T14:18:25+00:00

    I finally got them to escalate it. So far they have tried blaming my hosting provider (Bluehost) for not having the domain address, e.g. blahblah.com, in the SSL certificate which connects to boxblah.bluehost.com for the secure connection. That does not explain why it did not work as plain IMAP in insecure mode using mail.blahblah.com and I still have no answer for that.

    I'll keep going and keep you all posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T09:59:40+00:00

    I gave up and installed BlueMail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T13:54:25+00:00

    Still the same here, I'm getting blown off by support that is not reading the whole thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-05T14:29:32+00:00

    There was an update available this morning, went from .2 to .5 .  I managed to add one IMAP Account. Tried a second one and fail. So stuck using the app with POP3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-05T07:35:38+00:00

    Well, what a surprise, it stopped working!  Reverted to the same old errors!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments