Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Did you get feedback from MS in the mean time?
having the same issue on an A40...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had been using Outlook for Android successfully for an IMAP account. Recently the app started asking for a password but it rejected the password entered. Multiple attempts to reconfigure settings failed. Worked with mail provider to try new password. Confirmed settings. Continued to fail. Uninstalled Outlook, reconfigure, and try to set up account. Outlook errors out after trying to accept an existing mail account.
I can access the mail account from a WIN10 device running Outlook (Microsoft 365) and using new password. I can access mail using Outlook for Android on my Samsung tablet.
Cannot figure out why Outlook stopped working on the phone and will not let me reinstall the mail account.
My mail account is not an Outlook.com account.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Did you get feedback from MS in the mean time?
having the same issue on an A40...
Hi,
I get the same issue : using Outlook/Android with IMAP accounts has been working for me until yesterday.
I lost access to 2 IMAP accounts, without any reason.
Trying to delete/re-create accounts fails : "Connection error", although I'm 100% sure of my accounts details (IMAP server address, ports, login, password)
I think something broke in Outlook recently.
I am having the same problem, whether I add ports or not or use mobile sync or not... WTH...
I as said, I gave up using Outlook for my personal emails with my alternative IMAP provider.
So I'm now with :
I'm discovering BlueMail and find it really cool.
I tried the above sequence on my phone with no luck. I did start a Support interaction via the Outlook app itself. a few days ago. They do respond with reasonable steps so far. (no solution though).
Access this via Help & Feedback, Contact Support.
Latest version I downloaded is 4.2035.2
In the meantime I am trying out BlueMail in parallel, sad
Brilliant! I think the message is: as far as possible remove all artifacts relating to any previous Outlook for Android installation and start an IMAP installation from scratch. Cheers, D.