Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
I gave up and installed BlueMail.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had been using Outlook for Android successfully for an IMAP account. Recently the app started asking for a password but it rejected the password entered. Multiple attempts to reconfigure settings failed. Worked with mail provider to try new password. Confirmed settings. Continued to fail. Uninstalled Outlook, reconfigure, and try to set up account. Outlook errors out after trying to accept an existing mail account.
I can access the mail account from a WIN10 device running Outlook (Microsoft 365) and using new password. I can access mail using Outlook for Android on my Samsung tablet.
Cannot figure out why Outlook stopped working on the phone and will not let me reinstall the mail account.
My mail account is not an Outlook.com account.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I gave up and installed BlueMail.
Still the same here, I'm getting blown off by support that is not reading the whole thread.
There was an update available this morning, went from .2 to .5 . I managed to add one IMAP Account. Tried a second one and fail. So stuck using the app with POP3
Well, what a surprise, it stopped working! Reverted to the same old errors!
Think I've sorted it now. Uninstalled Outlook for Android. Rebooted twice. Reinstalled Outlook - even rebooted again when installation stalled at 99%.
Set IMAP.plus.net:993 and Relay.plus.net:465 (Same ports as gmail for android.
Ports 000, 143 (for IMAP) and 25 (for SMTP) didn't work.
The proof of the pudding will be in 24 and 48 hours - if all is still working.
Installed hotmail account ok afterwards.