Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
The latest Outlook update is not even showing the reply or forward arrows on new messages...
This is so frustrating
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The bar showing you have replied to a message has stopped showing in Outlook for Mac. Has anyone else had this issue and has anybody managed to resolve it?
Microsoft Outlook for Mac
Version 16.55
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The latest Outlook update is not even showing the reply or forward arrows on new messages...
This is so frustrating
Yep, I noticed that yesterday too! Really frustrating. Back to trawling through my sent items to check if I have replied or not.
Yep, I noticed that yesterday too! Really frustrating. Back to trawling through my sent items to check if I have replied or not.
it started doing it last night for me too. It used to even say "you replied to this email at xxxpm" that is no longer there now. Its downright irritating. I hate when something just suddenly changes with no warning or choice.
It's a known issue and they are working to fix it. Your Exchange admin can view known issues in the service health area of the Dashboard.
E.g: https://admin.microsoft.com/#/servicehealth
They claim it's only happening for web, but it happens on Mac Outlook and iPhone as well.
If you look at older messages, you will see the icon is there, but on new messages that you reply to it will be missing. I honestly have not even noticed the icon before my coworker started to complain to me it was not there. Typically I remember the messages I reply to, so I have no use for this icon myself.
If it was up to me, we would be using Thunderbird, only problem is that it does not support Exchange out of the box. Microsoft need to support Thunderbird, possibly with a plugin, because Linux users are having a hard time checking e-mail. Never trust Microsoft, they will sabotage your software by removing features you rely on or ditching support entirely. E.g. Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail. Etc. The default e-maill client in Windows 10 is complete s-h-i-t compared to older Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail.
Edit: removed censorship of the word "s-h-i-t" by Microsoft, and also, the replied icon just started working for us again! Yay!
Outlook 16.76 (Mac)
Same problem, the replied-to bar is missing... can't figure out how to get it back - did they really remove this feature? Based on other posts I have read this feature was actually removed and is not hidden by some other feature.
Shame