Reply header missing when reply or forward

Anonymous
2021-07-15T14:26:22+00:00

I has been using Microsoft 365 on my Macbook Air since early this year. It has been working perfectly all this while until recently i found that sender's header missing when i reply or forward some of the emails.

Not sure what happens, it doesn't show something like following ( the header below the signature and line below )

Regards,

My name

________

From : xxxxx

Date : xxxx

To : xxxx

Cc : xxxxx

Subject : xxxxx

I had checked my Preference->Composing, both HTML and Plaintext are correctly selected with header.

Strange is only happens to some emails, not sure why. Any one experience before and can help?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-09-15T02:54:01+00:00

Problem finally appears to have been resolved in version 16.53 released today. Hurrah!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-30T01:30:21+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    A (less than ideal) workaround is to use plain text emails, rather than HTML. The problem abates if you choose Outlook/Preferences/Composing, and uncheck the boxes for ComposeInHTMLByDefault and WhenReplyingUseOriginalFormat. You need to uncheck for both HTML and Plain Text emails (see slider at top of box).

    I hope that Microsoft can fix this soon. It really hurts productivity to have to use the workaround.

    Genius! Thank you! Working for now. Annoying in plain text, but helps keep the information intact. Thanks again! Hoping for a fix soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-30T01:18:29+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    A (less than ideal) workaround is to use plain text emails, rather than HTML. The problem abates if you choose Outlook/Preferences/Composing, and uncheck the boxes for ComposeInHTMLByDefault and WhenReplyingUseOriginalFormat. You need to uncheck for both HTML and Plain Text emails (see slider at top of box).

    I hope that Microsoft can fix this soon. It really hurts productivity to have to use the workaround.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T22:40:44+00:00

    I received a response that Microsoft is aware of the issue and they are working to fix it. They will send out an update to address the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-29T17:14:54+00:00

    Hi, any update from Microsoft's side? We can't be the only ones with this issue. Many probably haven't even found this forum. I've already updated and restarted too many times. I really NEED my emails to function properly for work and personal business.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments