Office 365 Outlook Task Categories Disappearing

Anonymous
2019-11-13T23:02:27+00:00

Split from this thread.

I'm having the same issue over the last few days.  Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all. 

I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.  

I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there.  I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-08T18:47:38+00:00

    @jamil that doesn't help me if I need my tasks/reminders on my phone!  Do you have a solution for that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-08T19:47:16+00:00

    If I have tasktask app on my phone, will I still see tasks in that app,, since it syncs with Office 365 will I still see tasks there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-08T21:43:19+00:00

    you have two options, you can use Microsoft Todo or TaskTask. I think you will love the first option!

    The issue with TaskTask is the fact that it does not support Multifactor authentication (if your company is using MFA)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-09T01:04:13+00:00

    It's just that ToDo doesn't have categories, which started this conversation. With my business and the number of people I work with, I live in tasks, and everyone and every location have a category, to follow up with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-09T16:31:22+00:00

    Jamil Haddadin, thank you!  I think this finally fixed it.  To be clear, I have a apple watch and iphone 5SE.  Both are up to date as to software.  I had already removed reminders from both devices, turned off notifications, to no avail. 

    I went to settings, passwords & accounts, chose the account on which I have tasks (I have 3 accounts), and slid reminders to off.  I left calendars, emails, contacts on. Then I re-categorized everything, for the umpteenth time.  In the past, the task categories were disappearing about 9:00 am.  It is now 9:30, and so far everything is good today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments