Office 365 Outlook Task Categories Disappearing

Anonymous
2019-11-13T23:02:27+00:00

Split from this thread.

I'm having the same issue over the last few days.  Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all. 

I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.  

I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there.  I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-14T15:24:57+00:00

    Same thing is happening with me as well...within the past week I've had to start resetting my task categories every day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-20T17:12:13+00:00

    Same thing happening to me.  Previously, it has been 3-10 items (for the last three months) and it has happened every couple of days.  Today I had 500 items appear without categories!  What is the fix, Microsoft, please?  Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-20T22:16:14+00:00

    Categories are disappearing for me as well, which is a source of confusion and discomfort, to put it gently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-20T22:38:05+00:00

    Can I ask all the people who have posted recently if they have iOS devices with Reminders sync enabled for their Outlook/Exchange account (even unknowingly), and if so, does the problem stop if they turn off Reminders sync?  If I switch off “Reminders” against my Exchange account (Settings->Passwords & Accounts->Exchange Account) on my iPhone, it definitely “solves” the problem for me, but this is not really a solution when I need the Tasks to sync with my iPhone.  To be honest, this makes me think it’s an Apple problem not a Microsoft one, but nobody seems to be discussing the problem on Apple forums, at least that I can find.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-21T03:45:58+00:00

    It does look like switching Reminders off “solves” the problem. Mine has men off for 4 days now and the categories are still there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments