Office 365 Outlook Task Categories Disappearing

Anonymous
2019-11-13T23:02:27+00:00

Split from this thread.

I'm having the same issue over the last few days.  Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all. 

I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.  

I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there.  I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-14T10:15:42+00:00

    Hi Bianca J.R,

    Thank you for the posting in our forum community. I'm truly appreciating your cooperation in our forum community.

    >>>>> Regarding your description about “I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there.  I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation”<<<<<

    May I please confirm that whether the issue has been resolved from this mentioned description steps?

    Kindly feel free to contact us with your updated information as per your convenient time.

    Regards,

    Darpan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-14T13:51:09+00:00

    I disabled the iPhone reminders sync yesterday afternoon.  This morning my task list categories are exactly as I left them last night.  It's an intermittent issue, so I'm not totally comfortable saying that fixed it, but I am hopeful.

    Thanks,

    Bianca

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-01T04:25:34+00:00

    I have tried this step removing reminders from my IOS devices and it made no difference.  Every day I have to reset my task categories.  It is starting to drive me insane.

    Julie-Anne

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-10T18:10:59+00:00

    Same thing is happening to me everyday. It has been going on for 3-4 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-13T21:54:21+00:00

    Hi! This same thing is happening to me with tasks losing their categories. I will create and categorize a task in Outlook, and it will go to its proper category. Then, generally around 24 hours later, the task is suddenly uncategorized and at the top of my list under "None." I am running Outlook 365. Please provide support. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments