Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Same thing is happening with me as well...within the past week I've had to start resetting my task categories every day.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Split from this thread.
I'm having the same issue over the last few days. Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all.
I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.
I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there. I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same thing is happening with me as well...within the past week I've had to start resetting my task categories every day.
Hi! This same thing is happening to me with tasks losing their categories. I will create and categorize a task in Outlook, and it will go to its proper category. Then, generally around 24 hours later, the task is suddenly uncategorized and at the top of my list under "None." I am running Outlook 365. Please provide support. Thank you!
Same thing is happening to me everyday. It has been going on for 3-4 months.
I have tried this step removing reminders from my IOS devices and it made no difference. Every day I have to reset my task categories. It is starting to drive me insane.
Julie-Anne
I disabled the iPhone reminders sync yesterday afternoon. This morning my task list categories are exactly as I left them last night. It's an intermittent issue, so I'm not totally comfortable saying that fixed it, but I am hopeful.
Thanks,
Bianca