Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
and overdue tasks also lose their categories!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Split from this thread.
I'm having the same issue over the last few days. Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all.
I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.
I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there. I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
and overdue tasks also lose their categories!
My original thought was that this was something to do with the new "Today Notification" feature that Apple added to Reminders in iOS 13. This allows you to specify a time to show a notification for all-day reminders (i.e. with no specified reminder time). The default time for this is 09:00 - too much of a coincidence? But turning the feature off in Settings or changing the notification time doesn't seem to make any difference - the categories are still removed at exactly 09:00 for Tasks with a due date of today.
Is it clear if this is a Microsoft or Apple bug? There must be something obvious which happens at 9:00 every day...
Yes - it ONLY happens to tasks with a due date of Today. And it happens at exactly 9am every day.
I do have exactly the same problem using Outlook and on the other hand iOS13 -> Only the task for "today" loose the categories once a day. Usually in the morning at about 9 am. I hope it gets sorted soon...